Monday, June 22, 2009

Changes: Lost family & friends, starting Massage School

Lots of changes the past few weeks, Four Elders (including dad) that were close to my wife and I have passed away. It has been interesting. So many have crossed over that it almost feels like an epidemic.
Something else new, I applied for and am starting Massage school Next month. I am nervous - an old fart like myself starting back to school again. The practical lessons won't be too hard but I am not looking forward to the anatomy and physiology classes. I never was good at memorizing technical terms. Even in the line of work I am in now I still call things I know and use every day 'doohickies' and 'whatchamacallits' - after 15 years of knowing what they are. With my memory problems I hope I don't wind up being like Mom. I don't want to get to the point I can't remember my own kids. Anyway, along with being nervous about massage school I am excited. I am looking forward to getting into a field that is a lot more relaxed and stress free. It will be 'trial by fire' for a while. I will continue to work full time at my current job during the day and go to school in the evenings. If I can handle the full class schedule I should graduate in June of 2008. After graduating I will probably continue to work at my current job and do massages in the evenings and weekends - At least until I get my clientele built up. I know others have done it, I am sure I can too.

Friday March 16, 2007 - 11:37pm (PDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment