It has been a long week at work, as they all have been this summer. Seems everyone wants to travel and few have patience when their travel plans are thwarted due to a break down. I had to turn someone away yesterday because of a lack of parts and manpower to make the repair. I called to some shops on down his path and the answer was the same. Everyone is busy. (Did I hear that there was a fuel crisis?) I really regretted to have to tell him he would have to proceed without hot water. He seemed to understand, shook my hand for trying and was gone. Seems this is my life, half the people I deal with I see often and the other half I will only see once or twice as they journey through the area. I sometimes wonder of their stories and the lands of which they come and of which they go.
It is good to be home this day. My beloved wife comes home tomorrow. It has been quiet here this week. I was thinking that I might have a hike today but so far the person that was going to come up to hike the trails around here with me has not shown up. I thought perhaps the numbers on the mailbox might be obscured by brush so I went down and cleared it. On the way back I limbed up several trees whose branches were encroaching on the road down to the house. By the time I was done I had a pile I could barely drag down to the brush pile. I would grab the bottom branches of the pile and pull until they pulled out then put them on top and find new bottom branches. Good workout. Had my heart rate up pretty good. I guess I better go get some stuff done while I wait. Summer is passing too fast and there is still much to be done.
Saturday August 19, 2006 - 11:24am (PDT)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment