Monday, June 22, 2009



Still no hike but I got my exercise this weekend anyway. I get more accomplished by procrastinating than by doing what I need to do. I cut a connecting trail from the driveway down to the trail that goes to my shop road. Now I want to cut trails everywhere. For my nature walks. What I should be doing is getting more scaffolds set up on the south wall so we can install standing seam metal like we have on the roof between the rows of windows. The T-1-11 has taken a real beating over the years and I know that water has to be getting in all the cracks. 14 years of working on RV’s tells me that there could be internal water damage in that wall from lack of sealant. Here I preach to my customers all the time about maintaining the sealants on their coaches and I neglect my house. I hope it won’t be too late if I get it covered with the metal before the rain hits this year. It is just going to be a difficult job trying to work on scaffold 3 stories off sloping ground. When we built the place all of the scaffold was built out from the window openings, all the exterior work was done before the windows were set which were the last things to go in. The 27 sheets of thermopane windows are glued in so it would be impractical to remove them.
Sunday September 10, 2006 - 08:19pm (PDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment