Spent the weekend at the coast with my wife, her sister and her sister's partner. Kind a lazy weekend. We don't have cable here at home and we spent most of the drizzly weekend over there watching movies on cable that I would not have spent money on to rent a DVD.
Friday I picked up the standing seam metal in Salem. I need to anchor the top of the scaffold so the ladder I will use to reach the top of the south wall wont tip the scaffold over. My wife wants me to install the metal in the areas we can reach from the scaffold then tear the long horizontal run down and rebuild it vertical, build a platform across the front of the house to roll the tall scaffold on to reach the top of the wall. I don't want to take the time to build a platform strong enough to hold three stories of rolling Scaffold when we have the scaffold currently set up two jacks tall all across that side of the house that will give us a uniform level place to set the ladder. True, I would rather not work off a ladder on top of scaffold but I can't afford to rent more scaffold to get any higher. Maybe I will call the rental place tomorrow to see what it would cost to get some more scaffold. If it is reasonable maybe we could get the tall part done in a few days and perhaps it won't cost all that much.
Monday October 9, 2006 - 12:16am (PDT)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment