Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday November 12, 2006

Wet and windy tonight. Lights have flickered several times. The weekend started out good. My wife and I cleaned the chimney and got some more trim metal on the south wall on Saturday. Last night I topped off the electrolite in the back-up batteries and checked the inverter to make sure it is operational. This morning I brought in about 6 heaping wheel barrow loads of firewood to the wood box. We should be ready for almost anything now. As I was lighting the fire this afternoon the first blast of wind and rain slammed into the house. My wife says she saw it snowing when she was driving home today. I think winter is knocking at the door. Stay warm and dry.
UPDATE, lost power at 10:45pm, did not get it back until 6am, slept down in the living room as there were too many things crashing onto the roof of the bedroom. Did not want to wake up with a tree across the bed. Local road shut down due to timber across road, severed power lines.
Sunday November 12, 2006 - 08:57pm (PST)

No comments:

Post a Comment