What a difference a few weeks makes. Last time I posted it was snowing and we had about half a foot before it was over. Now it is raining like crazy, pounding on the roof. All the snow is gone of course. Still have some leaks in the porch roof to track down. Still have to find a way to rappel down the south side of the house to seal the glass on the top level. The beams around the glass are getting water stained and with my knowledge of RV's and how quick they rot when not sealed properly I am concerned we might have problems soon if I don't figure out a way to get out there and do it. Lots of small jobs to finish on this place.
Still toying with the idea of opening our home to another boarder. Getting my wife to go along with it would be difficult after an experience in the past (personality conflict). We have gotten used to the peace and quiet of just the two of us. The last person we had here was pretty good but not really into our lifestyle and was not comfortable with naturism. She was a friend that needed a place to stay for a few months so I tried to be modest for her but I would not want to live like that on a regular basis. Finding someone that would fit and like being out in the boonies would be the hard part. We are kind of private, low-key people set in our ways. I can't see someone coming in here without making a bunch of changes. With our open floor plan, that I am not willing to change, privacy is not much of an option. For the right person I would be willing to give up some privacy but not the openness of the house. A further drawback is that with me being gone all day my wife would not be comfortable with a male boarder so it would have to be a female. That cuts what prospects there are out there in half. The area that we have talked about letting someone use is part of the walk-out basement. It has windows that look into the woods. It is part of a big open room that we have divided with office partitions. My office is down there as well as the utilities and our storage. There is no bathroom on that level and the shower is on the top floor so there would be stairs to climb on a daily basis. It would be roughing it. I check out Craig's list now and then to see what people are looking for when seeking shared housing. I don't see anyone looking to live out in the woods miles from anywhere in a log home where modesty is hard to find. Most people are looking to live close to public transportation and want a private bath. They wont find that here. I think finding the right boarder (and convincing the wife) would be about as hard as finding the hiking buddy I am looking for. Hmm, maybe the right boarder would like to hike too. Naw, that would be pushing it.
It has been a quiet weekend spent indoors reading and checking up on e-mail. Watched Pirates of the Caribbean last night. Watched several hours of the special features first on friday night to see how they made the movie then we watched the movie afterwards on Saturday. We had seen it in the theatre when it first came out but seeing it on DVD the way we did was great. We got to look for all the parts they talked about in the special features. What an undertaking. I was impressed.
I am still looking at the Massage school option. I still have a few weeks to decide. A big decision. What happens if I decide I don't want to or can't do it anymore after spending $10,000 on school. Any money spent on school would have to be borrowed. And could I actually make a living with massage? I know people that have (including my Father-in-law) but could I? And yet I know I can't continue on with my current job forever. I have to find something less stressful where I am helping people feel good. I do like sharing my knowledge of RV's, perhaps I should write a book on how to maintain an RV. Well that is enough rambling. If anyone is reading this, I hope you have a good week. If I don't write before, have a great holiday.
Sunday December 10, 2006 - 11:26pm (PST)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment