Monday, June 22, 2009

Massage school career preview and Hike

Saturday I went over to Salem to the Oregon School of Massage for a Career preview. It was an interesting talk and there was a short hands-on exercise. They talked about curriculum, the cost of school and what to expect after getting licensed. There was good information. Now I have to make up my mind which direction I want to take my life. Classes start in April. I seem to have a lot of support from my co-workers and some of my family. My sister thinks that my Naturist lifestyle will create problems if my potential clients were to hear about it. I think that anyone comfortable getting a massage would be more open to knowing of people that live like I do. Not that I would advertise how I live to the general public.
After the preview I had a few hours to kill, my wife is out of town for a few days so had no reason to hurry home. I found a park I had never been to, Minto-Brown Island Park For an urban park it was pretty nice, still could not escape the noise of the city though. It was over 800 acres with several miles of trails. I got a few miles of hike in, saw lots of wildfowl and even got some photos of them. I have the photos of the hike posted in an album at my Multiply.com photo albums. http://hiker1956.multiply.com/photos/album/53/HikeMinto-BrownIsland12707 I hope to get out for a real hike before this great weather goes and we get back to our typical Oregon winter again.


Sunday January 28, 2007 - 11:26pm (PST)

No comments:

Post a Comment