
Went down off the mountain this morning to the big town of McMinnville to rent scaffold to put on top of our scaffold. Don't normally leave the homestead on weekends unless I have something really worth doing elsewhere. Of course a hike is worth leaving for. We are trying to get the upper level of metal on the south wall so we can return the rented scaffold before it costs us too much. Once the top part is done and the rental stuff is taken back we will finish the rest at a more leasurly pace. After hanging around like a monkey putting two more levels of frame work up I actually hung some metal. It went fairly fast once I got the hang of it again. Years ago we had installed all the metal on the roof but I had forgotten some of the little tricks to it. Found several areas up near the roof line that will require maintinence. I am glad we sprung for the rental scaffold, it will be easier to fix those high places. My wife was leaving today when I came back from town. She was going to a meeting up in Washington state and wont be back until late tonight. She missed all the 'fun' of putting the scaffold up. I had forgotten how hard it was to put it up by yourself. I used a rope and hook to snag the sections on the ground and pull them up then hung by my knees to get them set. As much as my wife hates heights she will join me putting up the metal tomorrow. I was scheduled for a hike tomorrow but this has to be done. I hope my friend will forgive me for flaking out on her. I hope she will let me reschedule for a later date.
Saturday October 14, 2006 - 08:57pm (PDT)

No comments:
Post a Comment