Looks like it will be a quiet weekend. I explored some hiking options but none panned out. Thought about going up to Sauvie today but I hate to go alone. Both my wife and our roommate are gone this weekend so it is quite here. Yes, we have a roommate - for now. A former co-worker is between homes and is searching for a place so she is staying in our downstairs room until she finds a place. She is gone much of the time so I can have the run of the place when she is not here but for her sake I am modest when she returns. A minor inconvience for a friend but it will be nice when I don't have to worry when someone might show up. I really don't have time to go off hiking or sitting in the sun on Sauvie. Too many chores to do here but it would have been nice to get out with a friend and visit while truckin down a trail. One wish I have, that my wife would have more interest in meeting new friends of mine. She has always told me to go have fun and make new friends but when it comes time to meet she does not show much interest. I know that she trusts me but sometimes for the friend's sake it would be nice if she made more effort. I don't have a whole lot in common with her friends but I like them all and I can sit and hold a good conversation and enjoy the encounter. Lamenting aside, today looks like a good day to be outside getting some chores done. And it is warm enough I can enjoy the sun while I work - just have to keep the shorts handy in case the roommate shows up. I do so enjoy the seclusion we are fortunate to have here on our place.
Saturday July 15, 2006 - 01:52pm (PDT)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment