Monday, June 22, 2009

Entry for July 04, 2006

I live in the foothills of the coast range in Oregon with my best friend and wife of 30 years. We have spent most of our married life living here on our land in the log home we built mostly ourselves with some help from family and friends. It has been a good ride so far, this life of mine, with just a few bumpy spots on the road. Sure, at the times the road was bumpy I wondered if we could ride out the bumps but we held in there and came out the other side. We are better people for hanging in there. She is worth hanging on for. We have a lot of history together, two great kids and now a grand daughter, and this home. I hear that if you can survive building a home together you can survive anything. Even with our common interests and love for each other we do have our own interests. We each support each other in our different paths be it spiritual or our interests. My wife's spiritual path is that of the Lakota Sioux. Even though she is not Native American I think she is in her heart. My spiritual path is quite a bit different. I do not follow any religion, I blaze my own path which I may elaborate on later. My other passion in life is here at home. I am a closet Naturist. Our land is fairly secluded and I have always enjoyed getting out of my clothes and enjoying nature free of cloth. Even as a young child I would get caught running naked in the back yard and when I was in my teens I spent most of my summers skinny dipping in the river below our home. As much as I love being bare, I am actually pretty modest and always worry that I might offend so I am always covered when we have guests but when it is just my wife and I here, I let it all hang out. It is a wonderful feeling to go about your day at home without being dressed and without worrying about offending people. Besides home, one of my other favorite places is the clothing optional beach (collins beach) on Sauvie Island. It is a long drive (to me) yet I try to get up there at least a few times a summer. My wife is much more modest then I am and is not too hot on the idea of going up there with me but she knows how I hate to go alone so she offers to go with me on occasion. It is nice to have the company but I hate seeing her uncomfortable around all those bare buns etc. She has been OK with me going with other people but it never works out. Either something comes up and they can't make it or they want to sit and smoke dope on the beach. I am not into smoking (anything), drugs or alcohol and I am not comfortable around people when they are using. Someday I hope to find a friend that would like to join me at the beach.
My other passion is hiking. I love to hike and to have a good conversation with the person I am hiking with. I have a good friend that I used to hike with often but she moved to Reno 3 years ago. She was a good challenge for me and we hiked at a pretty good clip at times. She seemed OK with my clothing optional lifestyle so it was nice to have someone that I could feel comfortable with changing out of wet clothes after a hike in the rain or to skinnydip with. I miss the connection, level of trust, values shared and the friendship we had. I really, really miss the friendship and talks we had. I have yet to find someone that fills her hiking boots.

Tuesday July 4, 2006 - 02:04pm (PDT)


Comments(1 total)

Inspi…
Offline
Your home where you can "roam free", so to speak sounds wonderful! I have had a dream to find my own place in the world, enough land to have some privacy so I can also do exactly that - go out bare naked and not worry about other people being around. I don't think you are shy at all, in regards to always wearing clothes around guests and things - that is just being respectful. I don't do as much hiking as I would like to and yes - there is much to be said about having a good hiking partner. I also know of the type of friendship you talk about - it isn't sexual at all, just one of those friends that you feel you can change clothes in front of as if they were a brother or sister. Those are good friends, indeed!I have hiked all the trails around Silver Falls State Park and lots of areas on the coast. I havent hiked the trails around the Columbia River Gorge yet, though, but have wanted to. Happy 4th of July!
Tuesday July 4, 2006 - 03:18pm (PDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment