Monday, June 22, 2009

Saturday September 23, 2006


Had a great day today. Hiked on Sauvie Island to the lighthouse at the NW tip of the Island with a new friend. It was a good hike and good company. After I dropped my friend off so she could get ready for work I went back out to the clothing optional beach at Collins Beach and enjoyed a relaxing remainder of the day reading and napping. What a great way to wrap up summer. Seems the Yellow Jackets were being a pest so one of the women on the beach made a yellow jacket trap out of a clear plastic jug. She put two one inch 'X' cuts across from each other about half way up and pushed the tabs in enough so a bee could crawl in then she put some beer in the bottom to attract them. When I saw the trap at 2 pm the beer was full of bees with more trying to get in. I heard someone say that it reminded him of the song "Hotel California". Anyway, it was a good day and I am content. Hope Y'all have a good remainder of the weekend.
Saturday September 23, 2006 - 09:32pm (PDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment