Monday, June 22, 2009

Wednesday November 22, 2006


Due to conflicting schedules we decided to have our Turkeyday gathering tonight (Wednesday). It was good to have the kids up for a visit. Now that our granddaughter is old enough to communicate it was actually nice to play with her. I think my son was jealous as I rarely played with him when he was young. Oh, and I got to visit my Subaru too. My son says that he has found an old Buick for $1000 and once he gets it licenced and insured he will be bringing my Subaru back. It can't happen too soon as the Ford truck needs work and I am tired of paying for the extra gas it takes to drive that beast back and forth to work. After dinner we all had a nice visit and I played with the grand daughter. After they all left it got quiet in the house again. My wife's sister and her partner will be here through the weekend. I like them both but they brought their dog and it is still a puppy at heart, tearing around the house, finding things to get into it shouldn't. I used to be a dog person and always had dogs until recently rotating two. When one died we always went to the pound as a family and picked another. After the kids left home and the last dog died we chose not to replace it; more freedom for us to go do things as the cats take minimal care. Besides, all our dogs were outdoor dogs and I never had to worry about them knocking things over in the house. It will be an interesting and long weekend adapting to having a big dog running around in the house. I will be sorry to see the humans leave but...the dog? The cats have the right idea. I had not seen anything of them when I got home until I went upstairs to my closet and found one sleeping in there up on a shelf. Good hiding place, I thought about joining him. Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend.
Wednesday November 22, 2006 - 10:54pm (PST)

No comments:

Post a Comment