My wife left for an extended trip sometime around the middle of June. I hate being alone yet sometimes it is nice to be on my own, feel a bit of independence - even if it is only for 3 weeks. I have been trying to find friends to do things with but everyone is busy. I went up to Collins beach, the CO beach on Sauvie Island last Sunday - it was a beautiful day (other than the bugs) and while it was very warm it was overcast so the sun was not overbearing. I enjoyed the day but left with bug bites all over me. Summer term started up while my wife was gone so I am back in school. It is nice to be back in the routine again and to have a diversion from work and the empty house. I should be studying but I am procrastinating. I am not ready to give in to the study cycle yet. Still hoping to find someone to hike with before the weekend is over. So far all I have heard is "if my plans fall through I will hike with you". Hmmm.
Talked with a gal that was looking for a place to park and live in her trailer for a bit. She came and looked at our place, said she liked it here - peaceful woods away from the city. She is wanting to get moved asap. As much as I wanted to tell her to move the trailer in I still have to have my wife's blessing and I have not been able to contact my wife since she left in mid June. My concern was that I would have to modify my Clothing Optional lifestyle but she said she was not offended by nudity. That's refreshing but I still have to wait for my wife to give the go-ahead. I am quite certain the gal will take the other place she looked at as it is a lot closer to her work. Besides, my wife likes her private resort and has not really felt comfortable with having people here in the past. It just gets awfully quiet here with just the two of us and lately just me; it would be nice to have another adult around to talk to. But then there is the compatibility issue. If we ever find someone that wants to stay here, both my wife and I would have to feel compatible with them. That has not always been the case in the past and it can be awkward. I think we would have to be friends with someone first before we ever talked about letting them live in the same house or even on the same property. I suppose we are spoiled living on an acreage out here in the wilderness and being picky about who we let close to us. I could never live in an apartment or even in town again. It would drive me nuts having strangers that close.
Speaking of which, Some time early last month my wife and I went and stayed at Beverly beach State Park down near Newport. The beach was very windy but beautiful. But talk about a Zoo. We slept in the back of her 'new-to-her' Highlander which was a bit cramped but not all that bad. With all the noise around us- kids screaming, dogs barking, people walking thru our space, horns blaring, radios blasting rap crap, people yelling until late at night - my wife and I looked at each other and said at the same time, " and we went camping, why?" It was like we had pulled the car over to sleep on the side of a busy city street. Other than being at the beach it would have been much nicer if we had just pitched a tent in our own woods. But then I would have been thinking about my nice soft, warm bed in the house.
I hope everyone had a great holiday.
Saturday July 5, 2008 - 03:35pm (PDT)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment