Power is back. After three days. Batteries held up for two days. Third day got cold but we had some heat from the wood cook stove. It was almost like camping indoors. I think our meals actually tasted better cooked over a wood fire. We brought buckets of water in from the pond to flush the toilet. Got the driveway clear of wind-fall late Sunday. A two day job of raking and pitchforking into the truck. Finished with two heaping truck loads hauled to the burn pile added to all that we hauled on Saturday. Now we can drive out without worrying about catching branches up under the rigs. We will wait for a rainy day to burn the pile. It should go fast with all the fir boughs. I talked to one of the utility crew Sunday afternoon as they were wrapping up the last of the down power lines out on the county road. I was expressing my appreciation for their work and that I was looking forward to getting a hot shower before going to work in the morning. He said I should be glad we don't have PGE as they still have many customers out of power. I knew that as I have co-workers on PGE and they were still out. Spent Sunday evening getting everything up and running again. That hot shower was good. I hope everyone has power by now and is warm and snug.
Monday December 18, 2006 - 11:55pm (PST)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment